The WinRAR download is hughely popular world wide and for a good reason!
So why is the WinRAR download so popular? Well, it’s for the plain and simple reason that it’s easily the best and most functional arhvigin software available. The free or shareware version does everything that 90% of basic users would want. Even more advanced users find satisfation in the shareware version.
It all started out in around 1993, even before the internet started to take off. Given limited hard drive capacities and the expensive nature of storage back in the day, there was a genuine need to find a way to gain storage space without paying for more. Simply reducing the size of what you’ve got was the answer. To this day, WinRAR has been the industry leader, even with many other like applications making their way onto the market. Most archiving applications all do similar things, but typically just aren’t as refined. This has probably made the WinRAR download the most popular.
Some features of the WinRAR download:
- Support for its own native RAR and ZIP archives, as well has having the ability to unpack ARJ, LZH, TAR, GZ, ACE, UUE, BZ2, JAR, ISO, EXE, 7z, Z, and xz archives
- Multithreaded compression
- Ability to create self-extracting and multi volume archives
- Recovery records and recovery volumes that allow reconstruction of damaged archives
- Compatibility with advanced NTFS file system options
- Archive encryption using AES 256-bit key